Title: Game QA Tester
Hours: Monday – Friday, Contract, Business Hours
Department: Games Quality Assurance (GQA)
Start: July, and throughout the year
Our Game QA Testers are gaming experts who test video games during the initial development stage. Their job is to detect any bugs or glitches in the game before it goes on sale. Our Game QA Testers are also required to complete all stages of a game, explore every level, and recommended extensions or game modifications. You will have the opportunity to focus on testing the user experience of a game, such as where it becomes boring or vague, how fun it is to play, and how many victories you can experience on the way to meeting the game’s objective. You'll also focus on identifying technical issues with a game, such as glitches, bugs, and inconsistencies.
To be one of our Game QA Testers, you should have in-depth knowledge of video game play-through, have a real passion for gaming, and a good eye for detail. As a first step in the video game industry you will be testing different titles on a variety of platforms. Are you a gamer at heart? Do you have great communication and computer skills? Are you a team player and is motivated to learn and grow? This is your opportunity to join a global company and contribute to the development lifecycle of some of the most popular games in the world!
We will help you earn the basic responsibilities of one of our Game QA Testers, including playing multiple AAA games, detecting bugs and glitches, and recommending improvements. You will get to learn QA terminology like playtesting, code release, performance testing, and minimum viable product. This role will also help your strategic thinking, analysis, reporting, and technical writing skills.
Our global Game QA team perform functionality and compliance checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PS5, Wii, PS Vita, DS, Switch, VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the world's leading AAA publishers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Test games and software to find bugs and following test plans and checklists set by Test Leads to ensure the game functions correctly
- Report bugs into tracking database and re-test bugs once they’re fixed by developers by collaborate with colleagues, Senior Testers and Test Leads.
- Provide subjective feedback on the game or software being tested and playing the game to completion.
- Completing all side quests and exploring all levels, finding and exploring locations not anticipated by the game designers.
- Making a note of all glitches and bugs in the game plus collecting all points and leveling up characters.
- Achieving the highest character level by playing with different characters.
- Communicating any issues to the your Project Coordinator and recommending game additions or modifications.
- Rating the game in terms of enjoyment and difficulty.
- Working as part of a global Games QA function.
- Experience playing video games.
- C1 English, verbal and written.
- Great observational skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Google or Microsoft’s office suites
- Team player that excels in a diverse, collaborative, and fast pace environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and collaborate within project teams.
What we offer:
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest game clients, titles, projects, and tech in the world.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever.
- Working with a global multi-lingual workforce with superb training and promotion and progression opportunities.
PTW is a boutique-with-scale games services company with over 40 studios in 12 countries worldwide. Our range of services includes art and audio production, game development, quality assurance, player support, community management, localization, localization QA, voice production, and data collection.
PTW Bucharest opened its doors in 2016 and has grown from providing Player Support to a range of mobile and AAA games publishers to also offering QA and Localization QA services.
Visit https://www.ptw.com for more