Riviera Gardens is a landscape design firm based on the Côte d'Azur that specializes in private residential projects. Our core values are:
- Deep appreciation for beauty, harmony, nature, design, collaboration, intuition and a balanced lifestyle.
- Focus on providing an excellent service and experience for the clients.
- Creation of innovative, sophisticated and original designs.
- Taking accountability seriously.
- The belief that work can be fun.
We aim at translating our clients' vision and desires into a stylish, elegant outdoor space. To create a soothing environment where they can express themselves, feel good, love, play, laugh, relax and dream.
Riviera Gardens is seeking a full-time Assistant Landscape Designer, energetic and focused, interested in working remotely.
Result of the position: assists the Senior Landscape Designer on diverse projects at all phases from Design Concept through Construction Administration.
The selected candidate will receive an ongoing training, while fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- During the Design Concept stage: translate into beautiful plans and perspectives the Senior Landscape Designer's ideas and sketches.
- During the Technical Documents stage: translate into clear and detailed technical plans and drawings the elements from the Design Concept stage. These documents allow the contractors to quote and execute the project works.
- Contribute with creative ideas throughout the entire design process, while being aligned with the clients' requirements and the Riviera Gardens brand and style.
- Work with the project team to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Brainstorming and hand / digital sketches.
- Prepare in Photoshop „before and after” simulations based on photos of the existing situation.
- Draw in AutoCAD the Design Concept plans based on the initial sketches.
- Calculate levels and draw retaining walls, stairs and other hardscape elements.
- Prepare in Photoshop the photorealistic rendering for the Design Concept plans.
- Layout in InDesign the presentation files, moodboards, the plant palettes, the material palettes.
- Prepare in AutoCad the Technical Documents: plans and drawings for hardscape, softscape, lighting, irrigation, construction details.
- Calculate various surfaces and quantities in order to prepare the specification lists.
- Fill up in Excel the specification lists by using the information obtained from AutoCad.
- Crop in Photoshop plants and other objects.
- Organize the digital libraries.
- Various other tasks.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Landscape Design.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, AutoCAD 2D and the Office package.
- Experience with InDesign, SketchUp and 3D Lumion is desirable.
- No work experience is required.
- Main work language: Romanian. Knowledge of English and / or French is a plus.
- Shared design aesthetic with strong graphic skills, both digital and hand drawn.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Passionate about horticulture and design.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands.
- Responsible, hard-working, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
This is an immediate full-time position. Remuneration is commensurate with profile and experience. Flexible hours.
If you fit this description, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit as a single .pdf, in the following order: your CV, cover letter (tell us about yourself) and portfolio, via email to email@example.com, with the subject line “Assistant Landscape Designer ”. Please include in your portfolio a range of documents that showcase your technical skill in addition to your design aesthetic. CAD drawings are just as important as hand sketches. No phone calls or messenger, please.